Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Bourjois Colour Boost

As you'll know from my last post this was one of the things I picked up from Boots. Having enjoyed using the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains I was intrigued by the Bourjois offering. The colour I got, 'Peach on the Beach' has become something of a blogger it colour.



 
When I first applied this I immediately though "Oh no, what have I done?". It looked really pale and a little scary but some how it wore down to be quite nice and on the neutral side of peach-ness. That basically means you can wear it with a smokey eye without looking like a clown but it will also add a nice pop colour to a neutral look. I plan on wearing this to a party where I want something long lasting that isn't too bright.

It's glossy on the first application but it doesn't remain so, therefore you won't be getting your hair stuck to it but it keeps you looking more fresh than a completely matte lip would. The texture wears well and fades in a manner that makes it quite natural. It definitely has the lasting power of the Revlon ones.  However, I did find it to be really quite drying on my lips and it showed up any dry patches as well. I think those problems would go with well prepped lips but it is disappointing that I don't think it could just be thrown on. It promises 10 hours of comfort and hydration which I don't think gives, I also don't think the wear time is quite that long, unless maybe you didn't eat anything.That being said, I would buy the other colours in the range as I like the concept. The Colour Boosts are also waterproof, which I can't say I've tested. They also have an SPF of 15 which is good. 

Bourjois Colour Boots retail from Boots for £7.99

Apologies for the pictures, I've lost my camera charger so I took the pictures with my tablet and I'm writing this (and the next few probably) on the Blogger app.

No comments :

Post a Comment