Friday 5 April 2013

Beauty Haul #2

As I said on Twitter, yesterday I went to Boots to spend some of my student loan. They're also doing three for two on most make-up items and I'd just got my new advantage card tokens, no more excuses needed. This is what I bought.




The mascara - Seventeen's Doll'd Up – was £2 with one of my tokens, so I thought why not? I somehow got Brown Black instead of Blackest Black but I think it gives a really natural colour and lengthens without clumping. I might try pairing it with the Maybelline the Rocket mascara and see if that gives a dramatic look for nights out.

Concealer wise, I thought I’d give the High Street another shot. I picked up the Rimmel Wake Up concealer for under eyes and as I had heard it can be a little too much for blemishes I re-purchased the Maybelline Cover Stick (for some reason not on the Boots website). I’m not sure what I think so far. The Rimmel seems to have creased a little under my eyes and made me a little shiny where I dabbed it as a highlight. I will have to practise to see if I can make it work. Otherwise, I’ve heard very good things about a certain upcoming Nars Concealer...

Finally, more lip colours. I’m not sure I could ever justify a purchase of the YSL Glossy Stains but with the L’Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash’s apparently being the same thing and being a lot cheaper and it being 3 for 2….etc etc. People have said the colour range is a bit weird. And it is a little odd. A lot of the colours seemed to be on the more purple side. I got the shade Princess (having my young niece to stay is rubbing off). In the tube it looks like it will be a bright pink but comes out a coral-pink. Perfect for summer. A full review of staying power will be up in the next few days but so far everything is looking positive.

I also got an eye make-up remover. Less exciting but completes my skin care for a blog about my skin care routine to be written in the next week or so!

No comments :

Post a Comment