Sunday 14 April 2013

Review - Barry M Gelly Hi Shine

There’s been a lot of hype surrounding these nail polishes and I’ve been wanting to try them for a while, particularly the shade Lychee, so when in town I dashed into Boots and picked it up.


Application was stressful, but that was down to my error rather than the nail polish, I knocked a couple of fingers and had to repaint. I used the Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Base Coat and no top coat. The colour is a beige-taupe-nude. Lily Pebbles has described it as being similar to Essie’s Sand Tropez. I was at first a little unsure but after some thinking and encouragement from Mum I have fallen in love.


Lychee is the perfect nude for Spring/Summer. Makes you look polished but isn’t loud or too pale. I think I’d wear it to job interviews and will be sporting it at the Summer Ball. And it would be perfect with a tan, except I don’t tan. Even if I disliked the colour, the wear is incredible. I painted my nails Wednesday evening, it is now Sunday afternoon. I have two chips. Two. And they’re tiny. I’ve showered, washed up, opened packages, they’ve had a good hard wear. The tips have faded and maybe on a brighter colour that would be more noticeable, but I still don’t think it’s too bad.
I will definitely be getting more colours. I may have found my nail polish holy grail. Watch this space.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Polishes are £3.99 and Boots are having three for two on all cosmetics, so perfect time for picking up lots of shades.

2 comments :

  1. ooh so pretty! i think essie might still be my fave! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade range from Essie but these just seem to stay on my nails. Won't be completely giving up my Essie habit though! xx

      Delete