Thursday 19 September 2013

Face Mask Play Time

I went into Primark for a completely different reason and got sucked in by the things that flank you when you're queueing for the checkout. And I fell for it. Oops. What sucked me in was a couple of face masks from Montagne Jeunesse. I really like these as a concept because you can only get a couple of uses out of each mask so if you don't like it you don't have a huge pot or tube left over. At 0.90p per sachet in Primark they're obviously cheaper than a regular face mask but if you really liked one particular one the cost would add up. 


The two I got were Witch Hazel Wonder and Grapefruit Glow. My skin has been looking congested and dull recently so these seemed perfect as an attempt to rectify it. 


The Witch Hazel Wonder Mask had a interesting scent but it wasn't too bad. I think I applied it a little too thickly on my cheeks. Everywhere else though it set, and it set hard, it's the kind of mask that cracks when you smile. When I woke up the morning after my skin seemed a little brighter and clearer but was still red in places. I did find it to be a little drying while it was on but not once I had taken it off and moisturised. I think with prolonged use this would potentially make a difference to your skin, I think that I've also had a little bit of purging from it too however which hasn't been fun.

Self-heating face masks always confuse me. How do they work? This is a slight odd yellow colour. I didn't notice much of a difference when I first used this but it was during the day as opposed to before bed. It wasn't at all drying and didn't dry when it was on. I only got one use of this before I had to leave the half full pack at my boyfriend's to avoid an accident on the train home. However, I really like the texture of this and would definitely buy it again over the Witch Hazel Wonder one.

What are your favourite face masks? Any other sachets I should try?

Montagne Jeunesse face mask can be bought from Boots, the Montagne Jeunesse website and Primark.

No comments :

Post a Comment