Thursday 12 September 2013

Review: MAC Royal Azalea

This was a late birthday present from one of my university friends (thanks Dom!) and it was definitely worth the wait. My first ever MAC lipstick! It's a Sheen Supreme and in the shade Royal Azalea. Love at first sight.


Royal Azalea is described by MAC as a "bright mid-tone pink" and I think that's about right but it looks a lot brighter in the tube than in does in real life on the lips. I think it works as both a neutral or bright lip depending on how much you layer on. MAC say that the Sheen Supreme's are a cross between a lipstick with the shine of one their lipglasses. I've not tried a lipglass but I wouldn't say that this had a shine of a lipgloss but it does have a shine to it and isn't sticky in the slightest. The thing I was most surprised about was the lasting power. I wasn't expecting this to rival some of my long-wearing formulas but it does. You can get a could 4 or 5 hours out of it, even with eating. It's easy to apply, although because it is a little pale it looks best over freshly prepped lips. My lips have been so dry at the moment and I don't think it's down to any particual formula, but I do need to get some decent lip balm on them ASAP.





The packing is not like the normal MAC lipstick bullets but is straighter with a flat top. It looks very sleek sat on my dressing table/chest of drawers top. The packing is magnetic which means the lid isn't going to come off in your bag but it can also be a struggle to get off when you're trying to use it.

Overall, I love the colour and the formula, the only problem is I've only got one....

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipsticks are £15.50 from MAC online and stores.

No comments :

Post a Comment