Monday 2 February 2015

Superdrug and Lush Haul

Apologies for the accidental extended break. A few weeks ago I took a trip to a big shopping centre near by (I know, I lead a terribly exciting life) to pick some new goodies from Superdrug and then I got distracted by Lush. Always the way.


I really wanted to try out some of the Makeup Revolution and MUA ranges because not only are they cruelty free (I think, I get get really worried I'm going to buy something and it won't be) but they're also really cheap. I was also on the hunt for some new concealers to try out.

I picked up the Makeup Revolution Redemption Eye Shadow Palette in Hot Smoked, and for £4 it's great! The colours are pigmented and not chalky at all. A complete triumph.
After my bad luck with the foundation I went back to B. and picked up two concealers. B. Flawless Long Lasting Concealer and the B. Radiant BB Under Eye Concealer. I'll be doing a full review soon, but I'm not so sure. I want to love B., but so far I've been left wanting. Are there any other products I should be trying from them?

From MUA I went for two of the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers, the paler one is Tranquility and the purple one is Kooky. These are great, I find Kooky a little difficult to wear, but that's only because it's so far out my comfort zone. I will definitely being doing a full review with better pictures because I am well aware the lighting is shocking. They're £3. I mean come on! I will definitely be getting more. These have been compared to Lime Crime's Velvetines which I never tried so I can't comment on that.

Then I got sucked into Lush. I went for the Daddy-O purple shampoo because I needed a new toning shampoo, a blonde hair essential. And I'm thinking of going even blonder, after going darker by mistake, so it will be even more necessary. This is good but I do feel that it will need to be left on for quite a while to get the full effects, which is no big deal. And if I can get this to give me a purple tinge I will love it. I'm definitely feeling the volume though.

So a pretty successful haul. I'm trying to spend less money in February (HA!) so wishlists will probably feature more than hauls this month.

No comments :

Post a Comment