Saturday 15 June 2013

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

I’ll admit it; I fully expected to hate this. I bought it on a whim in Boots when I couldn’t be bothered to spend ages trying different colours. I did try it on the back of my hand and noticed it was too dark, but had one of those “I need to make a choice, I’m running out of car parking” moments and got it. Upon coming home and reading reviews my heart sank a little further, the ones which were positive were outnumbered by negative ones.


Not letting this deter me, I tried it the next day. Well, I can happily report that I love it!



Yes, it is too dark for me but once it’s blended in its not noticeable and I’m trying out the tanned look anyway (see here). Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any colours lighter than this but if I find one, I’m buying it. It does really ‘Stay Matte’ on me too, maybe not for 12 hours but for around 6 before I get a shiny forehead. I also don’t need to use a primer with it and can use my too dark Revlon Nearly Naked Powder to set it (I’m still not a big fan though). I know some people don’t want a matte look for summer but it’s not so matte as to look unnatural – it just isn’t really dewy. Being a bit of fail, I have no photos of me wearing this. Oops.

Coverage is light to medium but buildable. It does sometimes highlight my dry patches, but it isn’t too bad. It’s a good foundation for nights out because it has no SPF and therefore won’t flashback in photos. But also loses points for being a good summer day type as you’ll have no face protection.
Overall, I love this, just please Rimmel bring out a lighter shade!

Rimmel London’s Stay Matte Foundation is £5.99 at Boots. Bargain price that.

No comments :

Post a Comment