Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: Stocking Fillers

Let's pretend this went up on Friday, ok? 

This was the hardest category of all the gift guides. I've never had to make up a stocking for someone and haven't had one of my own since I was 18. I think the best thing to do with stockings is get one "expensive" present (that isn't really that expensive) and bulk out the rest with chocolate and oranges and some little practical presents. Some of the best stocking presents I ever got were the ones that had a purpose.

A travel sized candle would make a great addition to a stocking. And because they come in such a huge variety of scents candles can be unisex too. The one I've picked is Arran Aromatics Ultimate Fig, because we have an Apple and Fig hand wash from Sainsbury's that smells great so I'm thinking this does too. Equally, After the Rain is a fab scent too.

Large size of After the Rain pictured.
Picture taken by me (hence the other products)
Returning again to nail polish, Ciate's tree trinkets would be great stocking presents, or tree presents. If I'd had the money I'd have got one of these for every woman in my family and about four for myself. My favourite shade is Yule Rule.

Picture from Ciate


Finally for a bit of fun, these Tabletop Games from Lakeland would be great for that lull between stuffing the last roast potato in and trying to find room for pudding. We've had a similar set for a few years and they always provide a lot of entertainment.
Picture from Lakeland


So that's it for the gift guides! Thanks for reading, and don't forget the last delivery dates for Christmas are right around the corner so get in quick!

No comments :

Post a Comment