Monday 13 April 2015

The Vegan Kind #TVK18

I've never signed up for a monthly box subscription, I've been tempted but there's never been one that grabbed me, especially since going cruelty free. I wanted to be able to guarantee that nothing would be tested on animals.

I came across The Vegan Kind on a Google search, but didn't take the plunge until there was a code on instagram. I ordered my box on the 1st April at about 10:30am (cut off for subscriptions is 12 noon) and it arrived on Saturday (11th). Not bad at all! I missed it because I was out but picked it up this morning. Here's what was inside:
I ripped my address labels off, hence the damage

*Spoiler Alert*






This box isn't strictly beauty, but they do do a quarterly beauty box that I think I might also invest in, but one of the items was a Coconut Hand Wash. We're just about to run out of soap in our bathroom so this comes at a great time.

Also in the box were Ombar Coco Mylk Buttons, which look like they'll be really tasty and healthy! Same with the eat chic Peanut Butter Cup,  I can't wait to try this. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate. I'm going to like this. Another thing I like is crisps and chips, Soffle's Chilli & Garlic Pita Chips will be very good, as long as they're not hot.

Every month you get a recipe card. This month it's Banana Ginger Butterscotch Muffins from The Vegan Cookie. It uses the Coconom Ginger Coconut Sugar which came in the box. These look really tasty and give me an idea of how to use the sugar, which did confuse me at first. These don't need any 'weird' ingredients and have the measurements in grams and cups. Once you've had 6 months of subscriptions you get a ring binder to keep the recipes in.

I promised Karl I wouldn't eat anything before he got home from work, so that's why I don't know what anything tastes like. Keep an eye on my Twitter to see what we think.

Another great thing about The Vegan Kind boxes is each month 10p from every box sold is donated to charity. The total of everything in the box this month came to over £10 as well.

I'm already excited for #TVK19 next month!

No comments :

Post a Comment