Monday 1 July 2013

Mix and Match #1

I thought I'd start a little series called Mix and Match, which funnily enough will be about mixing two, or more, products together. Several other bloggers have done similar things and I always think it's a good idea to be able to see how you can use things in different ways and maybe get more use out of them.




First of all I've gone for the oh-so-original choice of a BB cream and a foundation. I recently re-discovered my Bobbi Brown BB Cream that I used a lot last year. I'd done the thing where I'd stopped using it for some reason or other. Probably wanting to save it as it's nearly out. I put it on the other day and thought, why did I ever stop? It gives alright coverage, I still need to use concealer on blemishes and under-eye circles, but it's the perfect colour and blends in so easily to a really nice dewy finish.

Then I decided to mix it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, and the results were really good. I don't find the BB cream to have the best staying power and as I mentioned in my review, the foundation is slightly too dark for me. Mixing them together gives me the best of both worlds. The colour is adjusted and blends in even better with my normal skin colour and the lasting power is ramped up and it takes an hour or two more before my forehead starts getting oily. I also get more coverage for days when my skin isn't looking quite so peachy. The BB cream also adds some SPF, which the foundation lacks, which is good for these warmer days (that'll jinx it). This is a base I'll probably be cracking out for days when I want a bit more coverage but a base that still feels really light. 

The Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation is £5.99 from Boots and the Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 is £28.00 online and at counters. According to the Facebook page though there's some news coming out about it this week so stay tuned there for more info.

No comments :

Post a Comment