Thursday 10 July 2014

Review: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Make-up sponges were thing that only the pros used, the ones available for the public were those white triangles you could get in a big set from Boots. Then the Beauty Blender came a revolutionised it all. I couldn't quite justify the price for one, but I could afford the Boots points I spent on the Real Techniques version - the miracle complexion sponge. After a few weeks of using it, I think I've worked out what I think.

You can use sponges dry or damp. I usually use mine dry because when it was too damp it just seemed to soak up all the product and smear it round my face. Not a good look. When it's dry or ever so slightly damp it doesn't soak up as much product as I feared, which is good. Nobody wants to be wasting product! The coverage is good. It's not too cakey but I always find no matter how I apply my foundation it's really obvious on my cheeks for some reason.
The biggest downside is that the sponge is impossible to clean. Hence the use of other people's photos as I mistakenly thought I would be able to get it looking nice to take some. And when you do clean it for days it leaks out brush cleanser and smells of whatever you used. No matter how many rinses you put it through. Any advice for this would be most welcome.


I tend to use this is addition to a brush or my fingers to get a perfect finish. The flat edge is the one I use the most, it's supposed to be for around the eyes and nose but I find it works well all over. The other thing this is perfect for is cream blusher. I apply a really strong amount on my cheekbones with my fingers and then use this to blend it out. Blushed without being too blushed.

Overall, I like this. But I wouldn't go out and buy the beauty blender. I think you have to use some other instrument to get a perfect finish. It works best for smoothing things out afterwards and for getting the product on to your face. 

What are your holy grail beauty tools? What should I try next?

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge can be brought from FeelUnique and more!

Photos from feelunique 

No comments :

Post a Comment