Tuesday 19 March 2013

Review - Urban Decay Naked Palette

I got this for Christmas last year and it has quickly flown to the top of my most used products list. There aren’t really any words to say how much I love it. I just do.



Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck

Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle


Creep, Gunmetal

Swatched in palette order
I think one of the great things about it is that it suits most skin tones and colours because all the colours are pretty neutral. You can also get a variety of looks from it from ‘no make-up make-up’ to smoky eyes for a night out. The shadows are pretty pigmented so a little goes a long way. The paler colours don’t always show up as well but they work as highlighters. I also find it to be really good value at £3 per shadow and they're good quality shadows. My favourite combination is Half Baked all over with Smog and Darkhorse in the crease or the lash line.

You do get some fall out with some colours; Sidecar is definitely the worst for it. But as long as you’re careful and powder/conceal afterwards it’s not an issue. I also find that having a cool skin tone means that I always have to wear mascara and darker eyeliner or they can make my eyes look tired. I think if you had cool skin and blonde hair the Naked 2 palette would suit better.

I don’t think I will personally get the Naked 2 because I’m not sure I could justify having both but I would like to get the Naked Basics for more matte looks.

The Naked Palette retails at £36 and can be bought here.

No comments :

Post a Comment