Monday 15 September 2014

OOTD: Black Milk Clothing

Contrary to popular opinion, I firmly believe that leggings are pants. Once you've invested in a few good pairs of nude seamless underwear (M&S always) then you're good to go.



Today, I'm going to talk about Black Milk. They're an Australian clothing company who began making awesome leggings and now make awesome leggings, swims, bodysuits, skirts, dresses, t-shirts, bomber jackets.....etc. I bought my first pair way back in 2012 and have been obsessed  ever since.



I think my favourite thing about Black Milk is not the awesome clothes, but the community that surrounds them. There are Facebook groups for different geographical locations (shout out to the BMUK ladies), and different hobbies among others. I know that I can go into the BMUK group with any questions and they will always come back with the most helpful and friendly answers.

For today's OOTD I am modeling my  Geometric Floral Teal Leggings, sadly limited edition but they still available in black. I've paired them with an old shirt from Dorothy Perkins and sandals from Next. You might think wildly printed leggings would be hard to style but pop into your nearest Primark and grab and handful of plain shirts and tops and you're sorted. Black Milk is an expensive habit, but the quality makes it worth it. Just be careful of customs!

Here is a close up of the pattern so you can see how detailed and shiny they are. My 5-year-old niece loves these because they're so sparkly.


I thought I'd also chuck in a collection shot so you can see how varied their stuff is. Most of it is discontinued but you can find stuff on eBay (just be careful of fakes) and the official Black Milk selling group. The Halloween release is coming up and I might have had an accident at the last release, so more pieces might be sneaking their way in. 


Top row: 
Bottom row:

So, don't be scared of printed leggings, they look awesome on women (and men) of all shapes and sizes.

No comments :

Post a Comment