Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review: Revlon ColorStay Concealer

I am a concealer junkie and spend my life hunting for the perfect one. The Make Up Forever Full Cover concealer comes close, but is a little on the expensive side. I have an on/off relationship with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer and can find it a little drying for my skin. The Nars Radiant Creamy concealer has a great consistency but mine is running out. With all that in mind when I saw Lily Pebbles' post on the Revlon ColorStay concealer I knew I had to give it a try.


I think I have used this before when it was in twist up packaging, and I quite liked it for under eyes. It's quite hydrating and doesn't feel drying on the skin. But the coverage just isn't there. It works as a final layer, but I don't want to have to layer up bases and concealer to get flawless coverage, I want it first time round. I also found that when you blended this it moved and the coverage went away.


I like the dot foot applicator and 'Fair' is a great colour match for me. However, I think this might be responsible for my eyes stinging when I get a little weepy (a regular occurrence). Not good. I could be wrong but I don't think it's a new foundation that I'm also trying. 

If you already have perfect skin and just want to cover up redness and your eyes aren't sensitive then you'll probably like this. But it just doesn't cut it for blemishes. 

What are your favourite heavy-duty concealers?

Revlon ColorStay Concealer is £6.99. And yes, it felt weird having to spell colour funny. 

No comments :

Post a Comment