Monday 23 March 2015

Cruelty Free Beauty Struggles and Triumphs

I announced at the beginning of the year that I intended to only buy make-up that hadn't been tested on animals. I don't believe that make-up needs to be put on animals for any reason. I stand by this decision and will keep to it until the laws change across the world.

Photo from leap bunny.org


I never thought it would be easy, but its has turned out to be a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. Searching the internet for information isn't always the easiest. Sometimes the blogs are a few years old so you can never be sure the information is correct and the company is still against animal testing. Or they could have been bought out by somebody else.

All the internet searching means it's difficult to just pop into Boots and pick something up. I've been trying to find a new holy grail concealer, I think I now have some options to go and try.

However, amongst all the struggles their has been some triumphs. Too Faced, Charlotte Tilbury, Ben Nye and Kryolan are all on the good list (I hope!). As are much of the brands in Superdrug, I have a big old list of skincare to try.

I don't regret going cruelty free. It's tough but more than worth it!

No comments :

Post a Comment