Monday 13 May 2013

Foundation Routine

For a month or more now I’ve been using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation so here’s my routine and a quick review. First of all the colour. It’s such a perfect match for my skin tone. This is what I love about Bobbi Brown; they have a large range of shades to suit all skin tones. I could probably also wear Porcelain which is the lightest colour but Warm Ivory suits the warmer tones of my skin and stops me looking too pale. It comes in a nice glass pot with a pump which means you can get out exactly the amount you need. It also has an SPF of 15 but I've not noticed any flash back. The finish is really natural and if left unpowdered can be quite dewy but I prefer a powdered finished.






Pump doesn't look like this anymore!


Blended
I apply it with my fingers and then blend it in with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. The coverage can be whatever you want it to be, sheer to medium. It’s very buildable. However, I think it looks better to have a sheer base then cover what you need to cover with concealer. This stops it all being too cakey. The photos below are barefaced and then the foundation with nothing else. Today I didn’t use a primer but I often use my MAC Prep + Prime Skin Enhancer in Adjust. I find it stays really well but I do need to powder after four or five hours. I think this would be suitable for oily and dry skins but if you were at the extremes it might not work as well. 
Goofy face...
...and again. Sorry.
 Once I’ve done my foundation I do the rest of my face. I usually do blush and bronzer last so I can touch up any bits I’ve missed first. This is only foundation I’ve been using. If I’m going out at night I might mix it with the last of my Revlon Colourstay to add to the staying power. 


Collection Longwear Concealer. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. Naked Palette: Sin, Toasted, Hustle. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner: Violet Ink. Bourjois Délice de Soleil Bronzer. Benefit Georgia blush. Max Factor Chilli Lipstick. Mascara: 17 Doll’d up and Maybelline the Rocket. MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is £30 and can be purchased online or at your nearest Bobbi Brown counter.

No comments :

Post a Comment